2022 Challenger Registration Instructions
BOMBA Challenger Baseball Division
BOMBA is proud to be a part of Challenger Baseball in Burlington. Burlington was one of the first Baseball Ontario associations to introduce Challenger Baseball in Ontario. The Challenger Baseball program is sponsored by Baseball Canada and Baseball Ontario.
Detailed registration instructions can be found below. If you are ready to register now, please click here.
What is Challenger Baseball all about?
Challenger Baseball is a program that provides an opportunity for children with cognitive or physical disabilities to enjoy the full benefits of participation in baseball at a level structured to their abilities.
Baseball games are played in a fun, safe environment where no score is kept. “Buddies” are assigned (one on one, where possible) to each participant. These Buddies assist the Challenger players with their involvement in the game. Pushing wheelchairs around the base path, assisting players in how to hold the bat and swing, or providing protection for the Challenger player from a batted ball, are just a few of the ways the Buddies offer a better experience for the participants in Challenger Baseball.
Each participant is treated like every other player in the conventional baseball program. All players are outfitted in uniforms, use the same equipment, and play their games at the local baseball parks. A team picture is a must for Challenger, as it is in the other divisions.
Last but not least, the smiles are plentiful and free! The joy on the face of each participant in Challenger Baseball makes it very clear how much fun they are having. No pressures, no playing time issues, everyone just has fun! It's what baseball is supposed to be all about.
Objectives of Challenger Baseball
- To provide an opportunity for children and youth with cognitive or physical disabilities to enjoy the benefits of playing baseball
- To educate the community that children with cognitive or physical disabilities can play organized baseball, just like their peers
- To help the youth in the community "give back" to society, by getting involved in the Challenger program as "Buddies"
We are very excited to offer baseball to all our young athletes in Burlington. For more information or to be a “buddy” do not hesitate to contact
Meghan Saundercook and Zack Shaban
Challenger Baseball Convenors
2022 Games/Practices are Saturday mornings 9am - 11am - Brant Hills Park (click here for map)
To register for the 2022 Challenger Season, please follow these instructions:
- Click here to access our registration system (it will open in a new window so you can still access this screen for instructions if you need assistance during the registration process).
- If you have not yet created an account with RAMP Interactive, you will need to create an account. Select the 'Don't have an account? Create one Here.' link.
- Once you have created an account and are logged in, select the Register as a Participant link. Alternatively, you may select Register > Participant Registration from the left menu.
- On the next screen, for "Choose a Season", select 2022 Challenger Baseball from the dropdown. In the "Choose a Family Member" dropdown box, select the family member you wish to register. If the family member you wish to register does not appear, select Add a Family Member and fill in the participant information. Please ensure you enter the correct birthdate as this will determine the Division you can register the participant in.
- In the "Choose a Division" dropdown box, select the Division you wish to register the participant in. The Challenger Divisions are at the bottom of the dropdown. You may either choose Challenger Junior (birth year 2004 or later) or Challenger Senior (birth year 2003 or earlier). Please ensure the Challenger Division you are registering for matches the birthdate (year) of the participant.
- The 2022 Challenger Season Fees package is automatically selected. Click the Continue button.
- On the next screen, please carefully read the Waiver. At the bottom of this screen there is a Signature Box. If you have a touchscreen, you can sign inside this box. If you do not have a touchscreen, simply use your mouse to draw a signature. Click the checkbox beside "I am 18+ or am a Parent/Guardian to the Registrant and Agree to the Terms and Conditions". Please ensure you have carefully read the waiver, as your signature and clicking of this checkbox confirms that you agree to the terms and conditions in the waiver. Click the Continue button.
- On the next screen you will enter Parent/Guardian details. In the "Choose a Family Member" dropdown box, select the main parent/guardian. If the main parent/guardian does not appear in the dropdown list, select Add a New Family Member and fill in the parent/guardian information. If you wish to add a second parent/guardian, click the checkbox beside "I want to add a 2nd Guardian/Parent for this registration" and follow the same instructions for entering the main parent/guardian. Please note the second parent/guardian information is optional. Once complete, click the Continue button.
- On the next screen you can confirm the details you have entered for the participant and parent(s)/guardian(s). At the bottom of this screen you will see the applicable fees. In the Payment Information box, choose your desired payment method from the "Payment Type" dropdown box. Your choices are credit card, eTransfer, Cheque or Cash. Once you have entered in and confirmed the registration details, click the Submit Registration button to complete the registration.
- The registration system will send an email confirmation to the address you provided. If you have not received the confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your Spam folder to see if the email is there. If it is not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.